Happy Weekend everybody! I am finally back! I haven’t posted anything for a while because I have been so consumed with working, and then I unfortunately gave myself a concussion hitting the back of my head on my car door frame. 🙁 But I am doing excellent now! 🙂
I was inspired by Suki’s Exfoliate foaming cleanser to make a similar, cheaper face scrub at home. I absolutely love Suki’s cleanser because it exfoliates so well and smells so awesome. Unfortunately, it’s a bit pricey…around $30 for a 4oz jar of it. After realizing that the major ingredients in it are so simple, I decided to create my own concoction and it works pretty well. The only thing is: it doesn’t foam, but that’s no biggie. Here’s how I made it:
ORGANIC LEMONGRASS FACE SCRUB
*This recipe makes enough for one face scrub “serving”. It doesn’t look like it makes much but it’s all you really need.
- 1 teaspoon of Organic Rice Flour
- 1 heaping tablespoon of an Organic Carrier Oil ( Coconut Oil, Jojoba Oil, Grapeseed Oil etc.). If you have acne prone skin I suggest you try Jojoba Oil.
- 1-2 drops of Lemongrass Oil
- a few drops of Water (filtered or distilled preferably)
Directions: Mix all ingredients together in small bowl.
How to Use: Wet face with warm water and apply face scrub with gentle upward circle motions. Remove scrub gently with a warm, wet wash cloth.
- Use this scrub as a body scrub, but add some sugar to create a harsher scrub.
- If you don’t have any lemongrass oil, add a couple drops of lemon, lime, orange, or pineapple juice. These fruits contain alpha-hydroxy acids, which are natural skin exfoliants.
- Make sure to only add 1-2 drops of lemongrass oil. If you add too much, it can be extremely irritating to the skin.
I hope you enjoy this SIMPLE beauty recipe!
Please don’t forgot to subscribe to my blog via e-mail to receive updates on new posts. 🙂